[Greasemonkey] Ungreaseable

Nikolas Coukouma lists at atrus.org
Thu Aug 18 18:55:32 EDT 2005

Nikolas Coukouma wrote:

>Mark Pilgrim wrote:
>

>>Following up on my earlier ramblings about "monkey-protected" pages,
>>it disturbs me greatly that this simple script is all you need to
>>counteract any Greasemonkey scripts on a page:
>>
>>http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/experiments/ungreaseable.html
>>
>>Perhaps enquiring minds can break it for me?

Er, to be proper:
unsafeWindow.document.body.__defineSetter__("innerHTML",function(){});

On the other hand, there's a better ungreaseable script:

(function(){
document.getElementById('test2').addEventListener('click', function() {
        window.location.href = 'http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/';
    }, true);
var savedPage = document.firstChild.cloneNode(true);
window.setInterval(function() {
  document.replaceChild( savedPage, document.firstChild );
}, 1000);
})();

Cheers,
-Nikolas