[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey and GMail

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 16:32:26 EDT 2005

On 8/18/05, Shaya Potter <spotter at cs.columbia.edu> wrote:
> 1) it gives an error for me, and I'm not running linkify (or anything
> that I can tell should change the page)

OK, I introduced a small bug just before uploading.  It's apparently
sensitive to whitespace after the </script> element.  It should work
now.

> 2) what's to stop a greasemonkey script from doing?
>
> "initialCRC = CRC32.getCRC(document.body.innerHTML);" as it's last
> command, wouldn't that update the CRC?

Well, in GM 0.5 you would need to set unsafeWindow.initialCRC, but
yes, a user script could do that.  And then the page can set a watch
to it to make sure it doesn't change after it's initially set.

window.watch('initialCRC', function(name, oldVal, newVal) { return oldVal; });

-Mark