[Greasemonkey] Monkey Do

Taral taralx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:42:35 EDT 2005

> On 8/17/05, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How come the position: absolute?
>
> Just so that it doesn't take up space in the layout and cause things
> to maybe jump around. Single threadedness of FF means it's probably
> not necessary, but just me being paranoid.

Oho! That's a nifty way to do it. I used[1]:

i.style.setProperty("display", "none", "");

which also appears to work. (visibility: hidden doesn't actually
prevent it taking up space, as I'm sure you noticed.)

[1] http://taral.dreamhost.com/ljthreadunfolder.user.js

--
Taral <taralx at gmail.com>
"Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about