[Greasemonkey] Monkey Do

chris feldmann cfeldmann at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:20:42 EDT 2005

On 8/18/05, Mark Pilgrim <pilgrim at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/18/05, chris feldmann <cfeldmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Playing around, it is definitely the hotkey, which generates that div
> > without actually posting and even after having been deleted from the
> input
> > box in the options pane. Otherwise a supremely interesting script.
>
> OK, I fixed the hotkey logic to disallow using a single key w/o
> modifiers. I also changed the boxes to do auto-height calculations,
> and changed the default font to be the same on all platforms. (I'm
> guessing you're on OS X?) I think I've also fixed the

Sorry I didn't mention the platform: linux, xorg, 1280x1024 - I think it was
my oversized fonts that were inflating the size of the table, on further
reflection. Here at work on good old win32 everything fits nice and
clean-like. I hadn't actually looked at it on OSX yet. Ooops - looks like I
interrupted you...

hotkey-works-after-clearing-it problem.

Are they not supposed to act only when typed in compination with a meta-key?
The problem was that the key I set as hotkey became otherwise useless.
Unfortunately I can't see if your changes fixed it on that platform because
my corporate firewall here prevents me from doing a VNC session with my
beloved all-purpose home workstation. Later today, though.

Shit - having installed the script here and tested it I find once again I'm
recinding a bug complaint that appears to have been made without sufficient
testing on my part. I didn't realize one could enter a combination
key-metakey combination into the options page, so while I should have
entered 'Alt-P' I instead merely entered 'P' which the script then correctly
set as the hotkey. Sorry. Problem between monitor and seat.

I'll look into Aaron's iframe solution to the force-CSS-styles issue.