[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey and GMail

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:29:21 EDT 2005

On 8/18/05, Ted Mielczarek <ted.mielczarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/18/05, dmccunney <dennis.mccunney at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That was more or less my question.  What does the other side "see"
> > when a Greasemonkey script is active and diddling the page?  I assume
> > that will depend upon the script in question.
>
> This is pretty well off the mark.  While you could theoretically
> integrity-check your DOM and thus catch greasemonkey modifications, I
> can't fathom an easy way to do it.

Well this is veering off-topic from the original question (now
definitively answered), but...

I would think it would be extremely easy to detect GM modifications.
Pick an element, any element, that isn't supposed to change.
Calculate CRC32(element.innerHTML) during page load before GM
executes, and then again one second later.

-Mark