[Greasemonkey] Clubic.com ads bloquer script

Eric Darchis edarchis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 17:09:57 EDT 2005

On 8/17/05, Aymeric GILLAIZEAU <macfreesoft at free.fr> wrote:

> The Clubic.com <http://Clubic.com> script to block ads disable the ability
> to post messages
> to the forum.

As Aaron mentionned in his presentation at OSCON, Greasemonkey is not
intended at removing ads. Other software do a much better job at it.
Regarding Clubic, I suggest you install the adblock extension and rule out:
*clubic.com/ads/ <http://clubic.com/ads/>
js.cybermonitor.com <http://js.cybermonitor.com>

The greasemonkey script only removes the elements added by the adv
javascript but AdBlock prevents those scripts from running, which is much
better. And it doesn't prevent posting to the forum, I just tested it.

Cheers,
Eric.