[Greasemonkey] Execution Order

Bill Donnelly donnelly at snowcrest.net
Tue Aug 16 06:14:10 EDT 2005

Back in the olde daze of Gm, about 3 months ago, we discussed
script execution order, and everyone more or less agreed that it
really isn't needed, and may not even be possible.

For example, in your case, what if someone else wanted their
script to execute last. Who gets precedence, and why? Plus it's
very difficult to achieve, and/or maybe not possible at all.

The suggestion of performing a setTimeout call at onLoad about
one second after (1/2 sec.? 1/4?) is about the best you can do.

It could potentially be possible to navigate all of the addEventListener
objects and add yours at the end if it is not there already. If they
are even setup that way. Or if it is even possible to do that.
I don't know if you can get access to those through the DOM.

Sometimes bad things happen to good people.
When that happens, those good people should
seek out and find some bad people.
And then do something bad to them.
Just to even things out.
It's only fair, after all.