[Greasemonkey] Execution Order

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:00:42 EDT 2005

On 8/16/05, Gareth Simpson <g.simpson at zoo-tech.com> wrote:
> Can someone tell me what the expected execution order of Greasemonkey
> scripts is in 0.5?

I don't think there is one.  Injection timing currently seems to be a
race with other page load activity, which is determined by processor
and network speed, plus phase of the moon and time since last coffee.

> You (or at least I) can see the effect on these pages using the linked
> script :
>
> http://xurble.org/userscripts/order.html

I ran it about 20 times and got the "good" sequence each time.  This
is a 1.3 MHz G4.

> Is this a known issue, a gap in my understanding or something new?

Yep, known issue.  Early injection has been a goal since the start of
the project, and still hasn't been divined.