[Greasemonkey] IE/JScript and Firefox/JS Diffs

Stephen Cunliffe scunliffe at digitalfairway.com
Mon Aug 15 17:55:47 EDT 2005

Bill,

There is one minor workaround....

See Creating a Hosted Favelet^H^H^H^H^H^H^HBookmark:
<http://slayeroffice.com/?c=/content/articles/favelet_article.html>

By dynamically inserting the Script, from some hosted source, you can
get around this.

There are obvious drawbacks though...
1.) Need a host
2.) Must be connected to the Net
3.) If host goes down, bookmarklet is useless
4.) Bandwidth requirements... (over time)
5.) Portability when offline

I'd stick with Firefox if you can, but if you are stuck, these work.

Cheers,
Steve