[Greasemonkey] Make the monkey do something (Was: New Greasemonkey UI)

Anthony Lieuallen arantius at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 17:31:40 EDT 2005

On 8/15/05, Dave Land <land at aol.com> wrote:
> On Mac OS X, though, there's a mild misfeature.
>
> If I click-and-hold on the happy monkey, the menu pops up as one might
> expect, but the observant eye notices that, a moment before, he goes
> grey and sad, and stays that way after the menu is dismissed.
>
> I would venture to guess that this is because the mousedown changes his

This is because the status toggle is attached to a general "click"
event on that element.  I made that event check which buttion was
clicked, if it was button 1, it does it's stuff, if not it doesn't.
So, click and hold is still a click, and of course it's with button
one.  Hmm....

I'm pretty sure that the right way to fix this is to use oncommand in
the xul, rather than dynamically adding a click event.  It will take a
while before I can check this on a mac, though.  Plus the code will
have to be tweaked to get a global reference to that function to put
into the oncommand.  I'm now aware of it though.