[Greasemonkey] New Greasemonkey UI

GuidoZ uberguidoz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 00:46:56 EDT 2005

> As it exists now, the monkey belongs on the status bar, because it is
> indeed conveying information: GM is enabled or GM is disabled.  Being
> right there, it also provides a very convenient way to switch that
> status.

I agree to a point. I love the fact that I can disable GM with a
simple click. However, that functionality isn't lost with the button
method. (It just takes an extra click - it's a line item you can now
uncheck.) I like the added functionality - now I have the ability to
disable a single script with just two clicks as opposed to the current
method of

Tools -> Manager User Scripts -> (Locate Script and click it) -> Uncheck Enabled

And in my case, it's actually "Menu -> Tools..." since I'm using a
compact menu. Now all I have to do is one click on the money, then one
more click on anything I wish to disable. I'm totally for something
like this in 0.5 - however Firefox and Mozilla are all about options,
so give people the option to have it either in the statis bar (with
limited functionality if necessary) or as a button. Maybe have it be
status bar by default, but whenever the button is added to a toolbar,
the status bar icon disappears?

Thumbs up Valentin. I'm liking the new UI much better. (If a context
menu could be added to the status bar icon, then I wouldn't have as
much of a problem leaving it there. (However the status bar seems to
be a popular place to stash stuff. Right now I have ForcastFox,
Adblock, Multi-Proxy, and of course the RSS reader there.)

I've got plenty of room for buttons on the toolbar - who really needs
a foot long address bar? =P (Guess that depends on your screen
resolution - all the more reason to make it a choice!)

--
Peace. ~G