[Greasemonkey] New Greasemonkey UI

Anthony Lieuallen arantius at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 20:20:04 EDT 2005

As it exists now, the monkey belongs on the status bar, because it is
indeed conveying information: GM is enabled or GM is disabled.  Being
right there, it also provides a very convenient way to switch that
status.

I don't want that to go away.  Period.  I want the monkey in my status bar.

I do like the idea of making it do more though.  Take a look at my
extension "Uppity"
here:http://www.arantius.com/article/arantius/uppity/

It provides both a toolbar and status bar icon, the user can choose
which to turn on or off.  I think if we implement functionality like
this in GM, it should function thusly.  I'll probably work on
implementing something like this over the weekend.