[Greasemonkey] Thanks for OSCON presentation

Edward Lee edilee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:35:37 EDT 2005

On 8/9/05, Dave Land <land at aol.com> wrote:
> All it does is add a style element to restyle <u>underlined</u> text to italics

Just wondering.. why not just stick the style rule into userContent.css[1]?

But I believe Greasemonkey was originally intended for tiny short
scripts to fix something minor on a page. Something quick and easy to
do.. like a simple shell script. It just happens that it also allowed
people to create complex scripts that do many things.

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#content
--
Ed