[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey not executing same script on different computers

Christopher Smith chrisjunk at misdb.com
Tue Aug 9 12:03:09 EDT 2005

I'm having what I think is a weird problem.  I created a script on my
computer to run on a specific page and it works fine on my computer.
However, when I try to install and run the same script on my wife's computer
it won't work.  We're both running 1.0.6 and GM .5 as I'm using the
GM_registerMenuCommand so I need to use the beta.  On my computer everything
works fine, but on her computer the GM_registerMenuCommand won't fire.  To
debug I created a much simpler script that was just an alert('this is a
test') and it still won't work on her computer, for one specific page (which
is, of course, the page I need it to work on.)

Based on an earlier I turned on the greasemonkey.logChrome on both of our
boxes.  Her computer, the one that doesn't work, has the following RED error
messages (along with normal warning and message types) which my computer
does not have:

It sometimes returns this message when the script doesn't work:
Error: Component returned failure code: 0x80004001
(NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsIRequest.name]
Source File:
Line: 425
Source Code:
425

And it always returns the following two messages when the script doesn't
work:

Error: Invalid state. Should have had a progress event and snarfed a sandbox
ctor by now.
Source Code:

Error: Invalid document, could not get global object.
****SNIP ENTIRE CONTENTS OF HTML HERE****
****END SNIP****
Source Code:
0

Any idea what is causing these error messages?  I don't know if the problem
is with my script, her firefox settings or something the originating page is
doing, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Chris Smith
csmith at misdb.com
(609)-678-1849