[Greasemonkey] "Error: No menu commaner" occurs if greasemonkey 0.5 is disabled

Michael Kraft mjk4984 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 11:37:57 EDT 2005

I installed GreaseMonkey 0.5 in Firefox 1.0.6 and it works fine if it is
enabled (monkey smiling), but if I disable it (frown) then every page I go to
generates a javascript error in the console.  Here's one when I was on
www.google.com:

Error: [Exception... "'Error: No menu commaner found for URL:
http://www.google.com/' when calling method:
[nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]"  nsresult: "0x8057001c
(NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)"  location: "<unknown>"

I traced the error to line 142 in browser.js which appears to throw the error
if it can't find the menu commander.  I'm guessing there isn't one if GM is
disabled.

It doesn't seem to harm anything, but it does fill up the javascript console
with tons of messages.