[Greasemonkey] GM presentation

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:12:04 EDT 2005

On 8/5/05, Mark Pilgrim <pilgrim at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm giving a presentation on Greasemonkey at an upcoming tech
> conference.  Here are my slides so far:
>
> http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/slides/
>
> Feedback greatly appreciated.

On slide 3, you mix verb tenses between the explanatory clauses.
"log" vs. "store".

On slide 9, I'm pretty sure XPCNativeWrapper existed in 1.0, but deep
wasn't available.

On slide 10, I'd change "Think of them as a "strict" flag for
JavaScript" to "Think of wrappers as a "strict" flag for JavaScript"

In the pitfalls section, you list a block of starting code (HTML or
JS), then show what works and fails.  Move the example above the
"works" section so it's clearer the that the same setup code is used
for both "works" and "fails" bits.  I think slide 18 needs this most.

And on slide 21, greasemonkeyed.com and userscripts.com are now synonymous.

I assume on the examples section, you'll be demoing and showing the
source/install process.  This'll probably drive some questions or
suggestions.  I'd be interested in that feedback.