[Greasemonkey] Unable to edit/create new scripts

Michael G. Hansen mikeml2 at pfna.de
Thu Aug 4 22:02:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have tried this both with FF 1.0.6 (Linux, from downloaded from
Mozilla) and Deer Park: When I go to "Manage User Scripts" and click on
"Edit", the dialog (Manage User Scripts) vanishes. I get the following
warning in the JavaScript-Console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsILocalFile.launch]"  nsresult:
"0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://greasemonkey/content/browser.js :: anonymous :: line 337"
data: no]

This also happens when I hit Tools->New User Script. I tried this on a
new profile as well, so it shouldn't be because of any other extensions.

Since GreaseMonkey seems to work for other people - any ideas what might
be wrong on my system?

Mike

--
Michael Hansen - http://www.pfna.de/