[Greasemonkey] Re: GM Statusbar Icon

Jeff Barr jeff at vertexdev.com
Thu Aug 4 10:08:23 EDT 2005

Jeremy asks:

> Would it really be useful?

I am not sure. My motivation on this (as on the dialog proposal) is that
we need
to make sure that web surfers are very comfortable with this entire page
modification concept. If they have full knowledge of what is happening,
full
control of what transpires, and a way to see it is action, I think we
can get
there.

Another way to do some of this might be to have a version of GM that is
itself scriptable in some fashion (a meta-monkey, if you will) that
would allow
a script to tell GM what to do (load page, apply a script, etc.). This
would allow
for the construction of demos, very clean management of script
application,
generation of animation, and so forth.

I'm throwing all of this out not as must-haves, but just to see if we
can
push the boundaries of what's possible here. So feel free to laugh at
any
or all of this, or to say "yeah, I'm thinking the same thing."

Jeff;