[Greasemonkey] GreaseMonkey does not work

Kirinyaga lanjk.ro at laposte.net
Thu Aug 4 11:44:52 EDT 2005

I have the same error :

Error : uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
[nsIScriptableUnicodeConverter.ConvertToUnicode]"  nsresult: "0x80004005
(NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"
location: "JS frame :: chrome://greasemonkey/content/utils.js :: getContents
:: line 160"  data: no]

First, I had firefox 1.04 (french) on XP pro french. I got the error after
upgrading to GM 0.5 when trying to install a script or when visiting a page
where an existing script was already registered for.
I upgraded to firefox 1.06 (french), same error. I uninstalled everything,
deleted all the remaining files and directories I could found, and
reinstalled ff 1.06 (french) and gm 0.5 : same error again.
I then tried to upgrade GM to 0.5 on another computer (with XP home english)
were ff 1.06 (french) was already installed : same error.
I tried to install ff 1.06 english : same error again.

I have no idea where the error is coming from. Greasemonkey is the only FF
extension I have on those installations.
The common factors of both these systems are Opera as my default browser,
the last Sun JVM, and the Windows internationalization pack installed.