[Greasemonkey] MagicLine

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 19:07:15 EDT 2005

On 8/3/05, Jesse Andrews <anotherjesse at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is AWESOME.  I'd like to hook it up to look for other
> microformats (so you can add to calendars, ...)

hCard was on my TODO list, but I cut it for this release because I
couldn't find a lot of real-world examples (and because I've been, you
know, kinda busy).  Other microformats are pretty easy to hook in,
though, just provide a function to pull them out and save into the
data storage.  The data storage itself is really flexible too, if
there were other fields (like dates) that you wanted to collect.  I
hate to say it, but I've pretty much reinvented RDF (badly) to store
and retrieve all this information.  Plus a neat little caching
mechanism so that autocomplete searches are fast, but other than that
it's just RDF-lite jammed into about:config.

-Mark