[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkeyed.com, userscript.org, forums, source code, and the future of our community

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:58:52 EDT 2005

> Any major changes
> should be submitted as a patch to the original developer, just like
> any other oss project.

I disagree. People should feel free to branch a project whenever they
want, independent of the original developer's review or time.

I see the problem with branching vs. new script. Maybe just simplify
by making them be equivalent and just a UI flourish to make it easy.
Like:

Script Name: Printer-friendly NY Times pages

Related scripts:
* Friend of printer-friendly
* CNN printer-friendly

[ Branch this script ]

Where related scripts just go to a new top-level script and branching
just creates a new script templated of this revision of this one.

--
Aaron