[Greasemonkey] MagicLine

Jeff Barr jeff at vertexdev.com
Wed Aug 3 14:43:42 EDT 2005

I do have a question about this. My little script gives the user the
option
to ignore certain feeds. Once the user clicks the "Ignore" button, I
add the feed to a list (a JavaScript array) which I then write out
using GM_setValue, like this:

      GM_setValue("IgnoredFeeds", IgnoredFeeds.toSource());

At what point do I have to worry about this string becoming too long?
What's
the actual and practical limit?

By the way, here's a little walkthrough that I wrote to introduce users
my script:

      http://www.syndic8.com/~jeff/blog/index.php?p=273

Jeff;