[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkeyed.com, userscript.org, forums, source code, and the future of our community

Jason Schramm jason.schramm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:34:23 EDT 2005

Ultimately it should be up to the developer of the script. Do you want
to allow people to completely rewrite your script and still have that
considered a branch of your own? Though I guess this goes back to
having developers choose a license. If they make it GPL there's not
much they can say about derivative works that are correctly
documented.

But the system should also be simple, and branching will complicate
things. How hard do we want to make it to find a script to use? If you
have to choose among 5 versions of the same script it will be
confusing and a big turnoff.

-Jason