[Greasemonkey] MagicLine

Jeff Barr jeff at vertexdev.com
Wed Aug 3 14:18:44 EDT 2005

Jesse,

It is good to hear you mention microformats. It is my belief that
microformats
are a natural friend and ally of GM, and that a company can declare
itself to be
GM-friendly (basically saying to developers "we don't mind, in fact we
enourage
you, to take the data from our pages.") by marking up its web pages with
microdata (data in microformats).

Another way of looking at this is to think of  microformats as "poor
man's web
services."

Based on the success that I have had with my feed finder script so far,
the
idea of using GM scripts to uncover and process metadata that is latent
on
the page has a lot of appeal to me.

Jeff;