[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkeyed.com, userscript.org, forums, source code, and the future of our community

Britt Selvitelle anotherbritt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 06:59:36 EDT 2005

On 8/2/05, Alex Thomson <abthomson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had assumed a regular, centralized, versioning system would work
> fine too, especially since the alternative seems to be a home-brewed
> system that would (and do correct me if I'm wrong) probably not be
> distributed either.  Store everything but the code in the main db and
> use subversion (or an alternative) to store the code revisions and to
> provide diffs and branches.

What jesse and I had discussed previously was simply storing script
revisions in the database, and then displaying diff's via a little
ruby magic in the html. For a good example of how this would work,
check out http://instiki.org.

One of the big reasons is that we need to store additional information
about each revision, such as whether or not it's trusted.

Britt