[Greasemonkey] A few thoughts on "Enterprise Greasemonkey"

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 05:54:19 EDT 2005

> I've written a little bit about this here

Nice write-up. I think this is perhaps the clearest and most concise
description of Greasemonkey I've seen yet. I especially like the four
broad "categories" of scripts you came up with.

I also like the comparision to EAI software. I never thought of the
fact that it was also fragile, just like Greasemonkey.

One of the things that we wanted to do in an upcoming Greasemonkey was
separate the core from the UI. Mostly this was so that we could take
advantage of certain implementation optimizations which are only
available when Greasemonkey is packaged like this.

But it would also seem to address your idea of distributing a GM with
a certain set of centrally managed, locked-down scripts.

--
Aaron