[Greasemonkey] A few thoughts on "Enterprise Greasemonkey"

Jeff Barr jeff at vertexdev.com
Tue Aug 2 00:00:17 EDT 2005

I'm getting pretty excited by the long-term prospects for
GM. I could see it being used at the corporate level at
some point, with enterprises writing scripts to extend,
restrict, and customize the browser environment for
their users. I've written a little bit about this
here:

http://www.syndic8.com/~jeff/blog/index.php?p=271

Back as far as Windows 3.1, it was possible to buy
an Enterprise Resource Kit which contained all of
the info needed to disable certain parts of Windows.
As soon as corporate users see that they can do
this (and a whole lot more) with GM, the sky is
definitely the limit.

Jeff;

--
* RSS Feeds:       http://www.syndic8.com