[Greasemonkey] us.o ideas, gm UI ideas and my own script

Britt Selvitelle anotherbritt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 09:19:52 EDT 2005

On 8/1/05, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/1/05, Sam Ooi <samuelooi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all, this is a 3 part email:
> >
> > 1. US.O ideas
> > Just a simple point really - I suppose the best example of what US.O
> > is trying to achieve is Mozilla Update.  A script repository with
> > reviews, ratings, script submissions (and perhaps a revision system).
> > However, the key benefits of collecting scripts in one place (aside
> > from a serach function), is some sort of ranking, e.g. Top 20 scripts
> > downloaded/viewed/recently revised/new/.
>
> I disagree that ranking popularity is a core function.  I basically
> never use that feature of Moz Update, but maybe I'm weird.

One thing I've been considering is a more simple 'Thumbs up/Thumbs
down" approach to rating. I think people are more apt to rank a script
this way than using the traditional 5star method, mostly because there
are a lot of catches, and more people voting because of a simple
system should make up for the loss in precision.

Britt