[Greasemonkey] Question: what would happen if Greasemonkey sent the ID of every applicable user script with each request?

Robert G. Werner robert at inreachtech.net
Thu Apr 28 16:47:15 EDT 2005

Aaron Boodman wrote:
> I was wondering: what would it do to the balance of power if
> Greasemonkey sent headers with each browser request announcing itself
> and each of the enabled scripts?
> Publishers would not be able to disable Greasemonkey AND serve
> content. They'd only be able to decide to serve content and allow
> Greasemonkey, or to not serve content at all.
> What do you guys think?
I'd want to be able to turn this off because sometimes I want the
content even if they would rather not give it to me.  Also,  I don't
want to announce more information about my instalation than absolutely

In Reach Technology:    http://www.inreachtech.net/

Robert G. Werner
robert at inreachtech.net

Tel: 559.304.5122

    I thrive on change... I thrive on making other people change.
		  -- Calvin