[Greasemonkey] Re: Greasemonkey 0.3 - ugh, migration - read this before installing 0.3

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 01:45:20 EDT 2005

Forgot to mention one rather important thing.

To support the new edit button, I changed the configuration format
slightly. This has been the first such change since greasemonkey was
released.

I got rid of the ID attribute in the config file and replaced it with
a filename attribute. When you download files now, I come up with a
unique (in the scope of files you've already installed) name for it,
based on the scripts actual name, and append ".user.js". That way,
when the file is launched from clicking the edit button, your OS does
the right thing for javascript files.

What this means to you: If you want to keep your current user script
configuration, follow these instructions:

* Before installing, back up your current {profile
dir}\extensions\{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}\chrome\greasemonkey\content\scripts
folder.
* Install GM 0.3
* navigate to the scripts folder, open config.xml
* replace all instances of id="somenumber" in the file with
filename="somenumber.user.js".
* rename all the numbered files in the scripts folder with the
extension ".user.js" so that they correspond with the changes made in
the config file.
* If you screw up, restore from the backup you made in the first step
and try again :)

Sorry, I totally forgot about this till I sent the last mail. I might
have to come up with a script that does this as part of the install or
something.

--
Aaron