[Fasterfox] Bug Report (RT 2.0.15 & FasterFox 0.7.9)

Tony Gentilcore gentilac at slu.edu
Thu Nov 3 16:52:12 EST 2005

Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to make a detailed report of this bug.  This
problem is probably caused due to Fasterfox attempting to prefetch the
"logout" link.

Fasterfox is programmed to only prefetch static pages such as those which
end in .htm, .html, .gif, .jpg, etc.  This causes most dynamic pages such as
logout links to be ignored because they usually have a dynamic extension
such as .asp, .jsp, .php, no extension at all, etc.  More info:
http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/faq.html#Can_prefetching_mess_things_up

However, although this practice is avoided by most web developers, it is
possible that RT's logout link is called something like log_out.htm that
looks benign to Fasterfox.

There are a couple of potential solutions:

1. If you could copy/paste the hyperlink of the logout button, I could
hardcode it to be ignored and release a minor update within a couple days.
2. I am working on a user customizable "whitelist" feature to list sites
that should not be prefetched; RT could be a default on this list.  This
feature probably will not be available for about a month.

Thanks again for your help,
Tony