[Fasterfox] RE: bug report for fasterfox 1.0

Tony Gentilcore tony.gentilcore at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 8 00:30:18 EST 2005

NeedWheels,

I totally agree with your first point.  This was an oversight on my part,
and I will release version 1.0.1 very soon with the ability to resize the
options window.

As far as your second point is concerned, I agree with you in theory.
Initially I placed the options in the "Tools>Options" menu because my logic,
like yours, was that it was easier for users to access.

However, there was a strong push-back from the Firefox developers on this
point.  Their design heuristic is that extension options belong in the
extension manager and that it is if all extensions were to overlay the
"Tools>Options" menu it would get very cluttered.

For this reason, the decision was made to move it to the extension manager,
and unless I get an overwhelming amount of requests to move it back, it will
probably stay there.  If you are trouble shooting over the phone, perhaps
the easiest way for users to access them is to right click the page load
timer in the lower right corner of the screen and select the options from
there.

Your thoughts?

Tony