[Fasterfox] Prefetching Question

Tony Gentilcore gentilac at slu.edu
Thu Dec 1 21:57:56 EST 2005

Hi David,

Due to the concerns of several webmasters, I'm currently in the process of
making Fasterfox not only friendly to the users, but to the webmasters as
well.

The new version has prefetching disabled by default (the user must enable
it).  It also contains a whitelist of user configurable sites on which
prefetching should not occur.

If you wish to block Fasterfox from prefetching your site, you can look for
(and block) requests with the "X-moz: prefetch" tag as described in this
FAQ:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/netlib/Link_Prefetching_FAQ.html

Hope this helps, and don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything more
I can do.

Regards,
Tony