[Conkeror] Periodic reload of buffers

John J Foerch jjfoerch at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 10:10:00 PDT 2008

Alexander Reinwarth <lists at reinwarth.com> writes:
> Hi!
>
> One of the firefox extensions I really like is ReloadEvery, which
> periodically reloads the webpage in a given tab. As I need to monitor
> some web pages, which do not send a refresh-meta-header, I wrote some
> code, which mimics this behaviour.
>
> Just in case someone else finds this useful, I attach the code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alexander

Hi Alexander,

  It sounds like what you really want to do isn't to associate the
reload-timer with a particular buffer, but rather with a particular page
or website.  This sounds like a good candidate for a page-mode.  It
should be possible to make a kind of "generic page-mode" such that it
could be user-configured to work with any website.  Most of the existing
page-modes are for a particular website, but modules/page-modes/media.js
may be a good example of a generic page-mode.

--
John Foerch