[Conkeror] conkeror not starting

Rohan Nicholls rohan.nicholls at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 1 09:29:10 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:33 PM, John J Foerch <jjfoerch at earthlink.net> wrote:
> "Rohan Nicholls" <rohan.nicholls at googlemail.com> writes:
>> Actually if I eval the offending line, I get a directory path back (a
>> valid one), so even that does not really make sense.
>>
>>  Cc["@mozilla.org/file/directory_service;1"]
>>       .getService(Ci.nsIProperties).get("ProfD", Ci.nsIFile).path
>> But for whatever reasons, during startup it was killing the app.
>
> Maybe there is some timing issue in Mozilla at that stage that causes
> this service to fail.  The fact that the author of the sessions patch
> apparently didn't experience this problem leads me to wonder if it is a
> bug in certain versions of xulrunner.

That was what I was thinking as well, as the version change
is where things went awry.  I am also a little suspicious of
ubuntu/debian as I keep running into little problems that
result from their habit of patching packages, which I don't
find in my archlinux packages.

But maybe 1.9.0.2 introduced a new bug.

Rohan