[Caminol10n] Camino 2.1 Alpha 1

Smokey Ardisson alqahira at ardisson.org
Thu Jan 20 23:29:51 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

In case you haven't seen yet, we released Camino 2.1 Alpha 1
yesterday! http://caminobrowser.org/blog/2011/#camino2.1a1

If you haven't already started work on updating your translation for
2.1, please get started very soon.  We expect a fairly short cycle
between Alpha 1 and Beta 1 (and localization freeze), and between
Beta 1 and the final release.

The bulk of the string and nib changes are already in place (in
particular, the two big blocks of strings for the new certificate
error page and the strings-moved-from-PrintPDE-.strings-and-.nib
print UI).  Still to come, in terms of "large" changes, are auditing
all of the Gecko strings for changes since Camino 2, and, perhaps,
the ability to provide localized .dtd files--Stuart and I are going
to try to implement the method we've been advised to use to allow us
to provide localized .dtd files, which will allow localization of
regular error pages, the missing plug-ins UI, about:config, and
probably a few minor things I'm forgetting now.  There's no
documentation for this method and it's still unclear if it will work,
but we're going to try to implement it.

As a reminder, Marcello made http://cl10n.rwx.it/node/137 to track
string changes that we weren't sure the localization software would
pick up or track correctly, so please double-check all of those.

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or if you
discover some unlocalizable UI, and thanks for all your hard work!

Smokey
--
Smokey Ardisson
Build & Release