[Camino] Usenet protocol

Andrew Thompson lordpixel at mac.com
Sun Dec 5 11:46:30 EST 2004

On Dec 5, 2004, at 6:06 AM, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I have a small question about usenet links what is the difference
> between news:// and nntp:// ?

Well, nntp is deprecated. I believe news does everything nntp can do
and more.
If you're writing new software I'd concentrate on supporting news but
perhaps allow the users to enter nntp if they're already familiar with
it.

Here's the most recent draft spec for "news"

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-gopher-uri-02.txt

AndyT (lordpixel - the cat who walks through walls)
A little bigger on the inside

         (see you later space cowboy ...)