[Bookmarkpreviews] a few major difficulties

John Marshall johnm555 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:56:34 PDT 2008

1) You should be able to drag the splitter near the bottom and shrink the
display. Another version of bookmark previews I'm working on will also have
previews in the tooltips of the bookmarks sidebar. Maybe that would be
useful?

2) This is probably because you have some bookmarked links with the news:
protocol or something similar. The next version will only try to create
previews for http: or https:

3) I haven't tested it much with the Flat BM Editing extension, but I
wouldn't think the details view would mess it up. I would understand if the
thumbnail view didn't work with it though. Firefox 3 has something like what
Flat BM Editing has built in, and both the details and thumbnails view work
with it.

4) Yea, I have had some problems with the create previews feature skipping
some previews it shouldn't. It does disable javascript and flash, so that
might account for why some previews aren't what they should be, but there
are still plenty that should be created and aren't. Those previews should,
however, still be created properly when you visit the website on your own.